Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good idea for presentation preparation?

I know our oral presentation is over already, but I just suddenly thought of a method we could use to prepare for future presentations! But first things first - sources of my inspiration:

I remember how my sister used to prepare for her countless presentations and interviews (she's from SMU, haha)
Grab some stuffed toys. (animals or dolls - those with eyes)
Line them on the table, all facing toward her.
Present her "speech" to them!

This helps to practice eye-contact!

Also, people often say it is good to practice in front of the mirror.
This helps you see how you gesture/talk and appear.

And so... My idea is:

Grab some stuffed toys.
Line them in front of the mirror (facing the mirror)
Practice your presentation in front of the mirror.

So you get to look at yourself, plus practice eye contact with the stuffed toys!
Quite cool huh?
I will try that next time. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment